Goals and Objectives
The goals of the St. Thomas Aquinas Society will be achieved through the following objectives:
- Retreat days dedicated to prayerful reflection and education in our Catholic Faith.
- Healing Masses dedicated to those in need of healing in mind, body, and spirit.
- Conferences dedicated to education about the wonders of our Catholic Faith and what it means to practice our faith through love and caring for others.
- Promotion of faith education in our Catholic schools. Through such programs we hope to assist our schools with the understanding of the importance of Jesus in our lives, what it means to live our lives consistent with the teachings of our Savior, and why we hold Our Blessed Mother, Mary, in such high esteem as the Mother of God.
- Provide an education web site.
- Provide a Youth Outreach program.
- Provide resources for Home Schooling families.
- Build, rent, or purchase facilities to support retreats and conferences, house administrative offices, provide a resource center for home schooling, and an activity center for outreach programs.
To promote the teachings of the Roman Catholic Faith through:
- free distribution of educational materials
- free conferences
- free lectures
- books, video and audio recordings
To promote prayer and Eucharistic Adoration
Bishop Fulton Sheen rightly observed, "There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing."